AHC Austrian Habsburg wank

Very simple: as per the title, make Habsburg austrian branch the dominant power in continental Europe by the 20th century.

Rules:
-POD must not be sooner than 30 years war.
-Austria may, at any moment unify Germany, the HRE, or whatever you deem appropriate.
-Bonus points if you don't mess up with dinasties (i.e "The Wittelsbachs gain the crown of Morocco", or "Peter of Russia, the well-known proponent of hard-line Shintoism")

I think European History itself (until WWI) was a giant Habsburg wank (with a few hiccups here and there), but if you want to make it to the 20th Century (and if we are talking about the House of Habsburg-Lorraine as the Austrian branch as well):
Some of this may be ASB, I'm not sure but....Austria unifies Germany instead of Prussia (in fact the Hohenzollerns are spanked). That alone might do it. Allies to do so come from other places. If necessary, have the other anti-Napoleon Allies and Alexander I of Russia agree to keep Napoleon II as Emperor of France with Marie Louise as Regent which would entail a near permanent alliance (for a several generations at least) with France. Or kill off Nappy before he loses so the infant Napoleon is acclaimed anyway. Austria and Metternich would be fine with such an outcome if Marie Louise can still have power over the boy. Austria leads the charge to unify German with Napoleon gone (one way or another) instead of being resistant.

Pre or post German unification Austrian Germany is separated from the rest of the Habsburg domains (Hungary-Slavonia mostly, possibly Bohemia) and is ruled separately (only retaining the same head of state) or with two different Habsburg monarchs sitting on different thrones (one Habsburg German Emperor another as King of Hungary). No federation or union. If this challenge is really about the Austrian Habsburg line in general, I would just put several members of the dynasty over different national thrones instead of one all encompassing Emperor from Vienna.

With the agreement and urging of the other Great Powers, the Grand Duke of Tuscany (Habsburg) exchanges his domain to take the throne of Moldavia/Wallachia and the Duke of Modena (Habsburg) exchanges his Italian domains for an independent Polish kingdom taken from lands from defeated Prussia. In exchange the House of Savoy forfeits further irrendenist claims on Habsburg territory (Trentino-Aldige/Trieste/Croatian coast) and sphere of influence (Albania) and have to make a military pact. To gain Russian support, Austria supports them in the Crimea and joins them in dismantling the Ottoman influence in S.Eastern Europe. Austria claims Bosnia earlier and Germanizes and fills it with settlers. If necessary Serbia is annexed or made a Croatia like sub-kingdom to prevent what is going to happen in 1914. It never gets its own royal house. Russia gets Bulgaria (with a Romanov ruler?), Greece as a sphere of influence, and Thrace and Constantinople (its great dream) for its support. If the Hungarian nobles eventually make trouble as they do in OTL then at this point the Habsburgs have enough force to crush them entirely.

Going into the 20th Century the Habsburg empire (and its cadet branches) are ruling present day Germany (in a system much as in OTL but with the Habsburg dynasty instead of the Prussian Hohenzollern) and Austria, parts of Poland, Romania, Hungary, possibly Albania (at least sphere of influence) and are allies of Russia, Italy and possibly France (depending on who is in control there). WWI is averted and thus the Fall of Eagles never happens and they continue to reign (if not rule, given natural democratization) over most of Europe. OTL Dr. Otto von Habsburg is still born as Emperor/King Otto founds some version of the EU, introducing a single currency across all Habsburg reigning domains and creating an economic superpower.

However if the Lorraines are not considered Austrian Habsburgs, alternatively just have a male Habsburg survive past 1740 - the line of one of the younger sons of Ferdinand III perhaps, or either Joseph I or Charles VI have a son and heir. No Pragmatic Sanction, no War (and loss of Silesia) and Prussia remains a minor power. The House of Habsburg-Lorraine (or in the case just Lorraine) may still exist but none of its heirs are anything more than Viennese courtiers or heirs of a French-occupied duchy. I would also have Baltasar Carlos of Spain live (and marry Marianna as planned instead of her father) and spawn at least one more generation of healthy heirs to butterfly OTL War of Spanish Succession and the compromises that entailed, also whatever it would take to get the Habsburgs out of Italy since that was nothing but a quagmire for them for centuries. They should concentrate on Germany or barring that S.Eastern Europe in the wake of the weakening of the Ottomans.

I think European History itself (until WWI) was a giant Habsburg wank (with a few hiccups here and there), but if you want to make it to the 20th Century (and if we are talking about the House of Habsburg-Lorraine as the Austrian branch as well):
Some of this may be ASB, I'm not sure but....Austria unifies Germany instead of Prussia (in fact the Hohenzollerns are spanked). That alone might do it. Allies to do so come from other places. If necessary, have the other anti-Napoleon Allies and Alexander I of Russia agree to keep Napoleon II as Emperor of France with Marie Louise as Regent which would entail a near permanent alliance (for a several generations at least) with France. Or kill off Nappy before he loses so the infant Napoleon is acclaimed anyway. Austria and Metternich would be fine with such an outcome if Marie Louise can still have power over the boy. Austria leads the charge to unify German with Napoleon gone (one way or another) instead of being resistant.

Pre or post German unification Austrian Germany is separated from the rest of the Habsburg domains (Hungary-Slavonia mostly, possibly Bohemia) and is ruled separately (only retaining the same head of state) or with two different Habsburg monarchs sitting on different thrones (one Habsburg German Emperor another as King of Hungary). No federation or union. If this challenge is really about the Austrian Habsburg line in general, I would just put several members of the dynasty over different national thrones instead of one all encompassing Emperor from Vienna.

With the agreement and urging of the other Great Powers, the Grand Duke of Tuscany (Habsburg) exchanges his domain to take the throne of Moldavia/Wallachia and the Duke of Modena (Habsburg) exchanges his Italian domains for an independent Polish kingdom taken from lands from defeated Prussia. In exchange the House of Savoy forfeits further irrendenist claims on Habsburg territory (Trentino-Aldige/Trieste/Croatian coast) and sphere of influence (Albania) and have to make a military pact. To gain Russian support, Austria supports them in the Crimea and joins them in dismantling the Ottoman influence in S.Eastern Europe. Austria claims Bosnia earlier and Germanizes and fills it with settlers. If necessary Serbia is annexed or made a Croatia like sub-kingdom to prevent what is going to happen in 1914. It never gets its own royal house. Russia gets Bulgaria (with a Romanov ruler?), Greece as a sphere of influence, and Thrace and Constantinople (its great dream) for its support. If the Hungarian nobles eventually make trouble as they do in OTL then at this point the Habsburgs have enough force to crush them entirely.

Going into the 20th Century the Habsburg empire (and its cadet branches) are ruling present day Germany (in a system much as in OTL but with the Habsburg dynasty instead of the Prussian Hohenzollern) and Austria, parts of Poland, Romania, Hungary, possibly Albania (at least sphere of influence) and are allies of Russia, Italy and possibly France (depending on who is in control there). WWI is averted and thus the Fall of Eagles never happens and they continue to reign (if not rule, given natural democratization) over most of Europe. OTL Dr. Otto von Habsburg is still born as Emperor/King Otto founds some version of the EU, introducing a single currency across all Habsburg reigning domains and creating an economic superpower.

However if the Lorraines are not considered Austrian Habsburgs, alternatively just have a male Habsburg survive past 1740 - the line of one of the younger sons of Ferdinand III perhaps, or either Joseph I or Charles VI have a son and heir. No Pragmatic Sanction, no War (and loss of Silesia) and Prussia remains a minor power. The House of Habsburg-Lorraine (or in the case just Lorraine) may still exist but none of its heirs are anything more than Viennese courtiers or heirs of a French-occupied duchy. I would also have Baltasar Carlos of Spain live (and marry Marianna as planned instead of her father) and spawn at least one more generation of healthy heirs to butterfly OTL War of Spanish Succession and the compromises that entailed, also whatever it would take to get the Habsburgs out of Italy since that was nothing but a quagmire for them for centuries. They should concentrate on Germany or barring that S.Eastern Europe in the wake of the weakening of the Ottomans.
Great...I have two sets of ideas of my own wich I will be glad to show you if you're interested :)

So, a few ideas:
A) short one: Austrian Habsburgs win the 30 years war, wich means that they also beat France; no crushing victory here, just enough to let France understand that battlin the emperor is a no-go this time. The emperor fully enacts the restitution edict, protestantism is largely rolled back, but most of all, the Emperor has now full control of the HRE, and cam finally enact massive reforms wich bring the Empire to be a fully unified state.
Meanwhile the french still manage ro beat Spain. In the end a peace is settled betweem the two as per OTL...plus the Emperor, claiming sovereignity over all of the Empire receives the Spanish Netherlands for the HRE. Due to the apparently terminal decline of Spainz he also manages to get the spanish to transfer their other european possessions to Imperial governance: Franche-Comtè becomes a province of the Empire, Naples and Sicily become imperial Viceroialties, Lombardy becomes a duchy, ownec directly by the Emperor (same structure of OTL post Spanish succession war).
Charollois is transfered to France.
Spain only retains Sardinia.
Finally a peace treaty is drafted between the Empire and the Netherlands, where the latter (now surrounded on two sides by the victorious Empire) is allowed to survive, but has to give up Limburg (the only Dutch catholic province) in favour of the Empire.
Switzerland...don't know...probably it will be forced back into the Empire, hopefully after a brief and brutal fight, so to, ahem "teach those silly mountaneers who's the boss, here"
I will detail plan B (way more complicated) tomorrow

So, a few ideas:
A) short one: Austrian Habsburgs win the 30 years war, wich means that they also beat France; no crushing victory here, just enough to let France understand that battlin the emperor is a no-go this time. The emperor fully enacts the restitution edict, protestantism is largely rolled back, but most of all, the Emperor has now full control of the HRE, and cam finally enact massive reforms wich bring the Empire to be a fully unified state.
Meanwhile the french still manage ro beat Spain. In the end a peace is settled betweem the two as per OTL...plus the Emperor, claiming sovereignity over all of the Empire receives the Spanish Netherlands for the HRE. Due to the apparently terminal decline of Spainz he also manages to get the spanish to transfer their other european possessions to Imperial governance: Franche-Comtè becomes a province of the Empire, Naples and Sicily become imperial Viceroialties, Lombardy becomes a duchy, ownec directly by the Emperor (same structure of OTL post Spanish succession war).
Finally a peace treaty is drafted between the Empire and the Netherlands, where the latter (now surrounded on two sides by the victorious Empire) is allowed to survive, but has to give up Limburg (the only Dutch catholic province) in favour of the Empire.
Switzerland...don't know...probably it will be forced back into the Empire, hopefully after a brief and brutal fight, so to, ahem "teach those silly mountaneers who's the boss, here"
I'm not sure why Spain would ever give up its' Italian possessions without a fight.They were extremely wealthy.

So, a few ideas:
1. The Edict of Restitution was already dropped in 1635 (before the French entry), not to mention that beating France, Sweden and the Dutch isn't really an option (or possibility).
2. "DIE PROTY REEEE" wasn't a serious policy since 1555, curbing its expansion and pacifying the Protestant princes (like the Elector of Saxony getting Lusatia in exchange of joining the Imperial party) was preferable.
3. The Emperor had literally nothing to gain and too much to lose by break the alliance with their kinsmen in Spain, those territories are unstable at best and the price is total diplomatic isolation (except a rather unreliable with the Poles).

Perharps the French Republic is deposed in its early years. Let's say in this TL there was far more violence in France itself. Germany and Italy stay disunited (the HRE is salvaged), and Europe becomes dictated by the three main powers of the UK, Austria, and Russia (as Prussia stays/becomes an appendix of the UK).

1. The Edict of Restitution was already dropped in 1635 (before the French entry), not to mention that beating France, Sweden and the Dutch isn't really an option (or possibility).
2. "DIE PROTY REEEE" wasn't a serious policy since 1555, curbing its expansion and pacifying the Protestant princes (like the Elector of Saxony getting Lusatia in exchange of joining the Imperial party) was preferable.
3. The Emperor had literally nothing to gain and too much to lose by break the alliance with their kinsmen in Spain, those territories are unstable at best and the price is total diplomatic isolation (except a rather unreliable with the Poles).

to answer your points:
A) beating all of those powers is totally feasible: just have Austria beat Sweden sooner in the war, and more brutally...France will be compelled to enter war in any case, if they see the possibility of an...well, Emperor wank; and if they enter war against an unattrited Imperial league, there is no reason why they could not lose. Rgarding the Dutch...where did I say that they lose? Indeed I said that the spanish lost, they dropped the ball, and the Emperor comes to an agreement with them...Limburg in exchange for not continuing the war.
B) Have the catholic league win this hard, and I am quite sure that the issue of the edict will be resurrected...by the way I am not thinking of anything like spanish inquosition, as a matter of facts, but given time protestantism will become a small, if yet significant minority in Germany.
C) where did I say that the emperor breaks his alliance with their spanish cousins? There is no war here...the spanish will be pissed off for losing their european empire, but as a matter of facts, it will be clear, by this time, that they are in a state of decadence...leaving them such territories would be a way for letting them be stripped away by other powers, sooner or later