would love to see what this means for Spain
Nothing of particular, excluding the fact who ATL Philip relied a lot on his second and third wife, instead of his sister (and I made a mistake as Juana was still too young and barely married at Philip’s third marriage, meaning who she would eventually become Philip’s second most trusted advisor)

Dilf Philip meets milf Christina…
They are still young… Philip is 25/26 and Christina 30 years old at their marriage…. 😹😹😹😹😹😹

Sounds about right for our iberian royals
Be thankful who she is daughter of Elisabeth of France and he is son of Cristina and NOT Maria (as one of her sons was in the church and the other was already married when their half-niece became the heiress at the death of her younger brother) so their bloodline is still decent…

Last edited:
I know that Karl V and Mary's kids will get the Netherlands, but Kristina's something of a favourite historical character of mine
I also have a soft spot for both Christina and Maria, so if I can do something, usually they have a better fate than their OTL ones…

Not sure about my plans for Netherlands here as I have a couple of options for going forward but I think who Christina’s descendants will play a role there, but I have nothing of established at the moment…

"I will have here but one mistress and no master"
That says nothing about kids, not even that she didn't want to get married, simply that any husband would have to agree to his wife being the head of the house (again, not that different to Mary of Burgundy, Isabel of Castile, Hedwig of Anjou over the last century, all of whom kept their power from their husbands - backed in many instances by their countrymen - and had kids).

That says nothing about kids, not even that she didn't want to get married, simply that any husband would have to agree to his wife being the head of the house (again, not that different to Mary of Burgundy, Isabel of Castile, Hedwig of Anjou over the last century, all of whom kept their power from their husbands - backed in many instances by their countrymen - and had kids).
Absolutely true for Isabella of Castile, but I believe who Mary of Burgundy fully shared power with Maximilian

If someone has question/requests about this scenario feel free to ask (as while it would likely NEVER become a full TL it is still one of my favorite universes among the ones who I created)

Mary I, shortly after her marriage
Mary had been naturally overjoyed when received an affirmative response to her inquiry about the interest of her Imperial cousin to a wedding between them, quickly followed by a formal request of her hand from the Emperor, in the months after her unexpected ascension.
”My mother often said who if you pray enough for something often God listen to you and who she was sure who my destiny was to rule England and being married to you and I needed to continue to believe to that. I lost the hope for many years but in the end the Providence still throw us together for saving England from my father’s heresy. I just feel sorry who Isabella’s early death had been the price for that, but at least she had been happier than she would be in any other way as evidently you were destined to marry both of us“…

Last edited: